Rambling On...

Thursday, August 22, 2002

Kids!

It's been a great day off, but gee, it's also been exhausting! As per usual days off, I slept in - but only until about 9 today, usually, it's until about 10, but being the alternate Thursday, I help to look after some toddlers while their mums do a Bible study (the group's called MSG - Mum's Study Group?). Last night, Irene and I were racking our brains trying to find a way to separate the mums and bubs so that the mums can concentrate without so much noise. Irene's plans involved morning tea and playing out in the backyard...luckily the forecast for rain today didn't eventuate. Four toddlers aged 2-3...plus a spewy baby! It was great...except for the spewy curdled milk! =P The three girls and one boy managed to entertain themselves really well, and they all got along, much less fighting over toys than usual, and no possessiveness over toys either, so other than sand in eyes, stockings, on pants and in shoes, it was all spiffy!

The rest of my day was spent having a relaxing lunch with another mum and bub, but Laura now seems to scream any time anyone other than either of her parents are holding her, otherwise, she's very happy to coo and smile at you. This was then followed by a trip to Office Works to buy a new antivirus program for the laptop (gosh they're expensive!), then a singing lesson. I'm so exhausted.

Back to work tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to Care Group tomorrow night. Later.