Rambling On...

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Close Encounters...

It was Thursday night. I'd had a rotten headache since 3pm that afternoon, been listening to (in my opinion) Nicky Chiswell's worst CD over and over again for the last 3 hours, was thirsty, had meat in the boot of my car that had been there since 3:30pm, (it was now 8:30pm) was hungry, had driven up there all by myself. All I wanted to do was check in, eat, shower and sleep, but I couldn't 'cause people were in my way - they had gotten off their bus just as I pulled up and happened to enter the reception area just before me. Who are they? The Namimbian Rugby World Cup Team!!!! Chilling out at the Horizons Golf Resort and acclimatising before all their matches. I didn't actually get excited by this fact until last night, but Zoe was when I rang her to tell her all about it while she was at work that night. I would've been had my head not been throbbing. =(

This morning, we noticed a World Cup car in front of our apartment so we decided to take a picture of it, when from a second storey balcony, the owner of the car asked if we wanted pictures of us in the car. Who could refuse? Yes. World Cup fever has hit. We might even be getting a few free tickets to the Namimbian matches. Unfortunately, not the matches in Adelaide! =)