Rambling On...

Monday, May 03, 2004

Cough Cough Sniffle Sniffle

The flu I've been coming down with since the 2 year old coughed on me has arrived! I must say that the the dust I inhaled at "The Block" on Saturday didn't help at all, during the working bee for Zoë and Pete's wedding. As a result, it became fully blown yesterday. Just lovely. It's two days off work for me! Sore throat, stuffed nose, cough, aches, headache, the works. Urgh!

"The Block" itself, though, is gorgeous, as is the drive there, (providing you have a four wheel drive, unless you want to completely wreck your car's suspension!) through rolling hills, green pastures, rivers, creekbeds, fern gullies... it was nice just being in God's beautiful creation. I think I'd like to get married there myself...

Now for an update on all my time in lieu... I ended up having the day off on Thursday because there weren't enough people to visit, now I think I should have waited until today to take it, instead of taking sick leave today. =(