Rambling On...

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Weekend Roundup

I like to think that weekends start on Friday afternoon after work. I was supposed to head south to Bible Study but just couldn't. I couldn't believe how exhausted I was as work has been absolutely ferral this week (Lots of New Year conceived babies making their entrance into the world!!)

Saturday. It started with an early morning shopping spree for my birthday picnic! The shopping spree was fun, the car convoy from Summer Hill over the Harbour Bridge with a huge Bikie Gang in our rear vision mirror was fun, the short bushwalk around Berry Island Reserve was fun.... until we got to the end and I rolled my ankle on an uneven rock down the last step!!! I rolled around on the grass in severe throbbing pain for a good ten minutes whilst my two friends were laughing at how dramatic the whole thing was, all while more people arrived and were trying to decide where to park our picnic blankets. My two friends then decided to use one of their blankets as a stretcher and pulled me over to the other end of the picnic grounds, while a new arrival tried to catch the whole thing on film and missed it. Fortunately for me, she didn't get her wish for a re-enactment!

You'd think that with three doctors, and two midwives at a picnic, surely someone would have a bandage for a swollen ankle, right? Wrong! And the first aid kits in cars are hopeless! Anyway, the picnic was heaps of fun, other than the fact that I was immobilised and iced. Somehow, spraining my ankle was left off my list of things to do on my birthday. Hmmm.... It was a beautiful day, windy, but sunny. I'm quite sufficiently sunburnt and my friend complained today that she was wind chapped too. Then of course, to get home, I had to swap cars with a friend as I couldn't drive my manual car home with an injured foot. Blah. Luckily, Mum had already planned for a family dinner at home. Sushimi, abalone, scallops, oysters, all things divine on the palate. *Licks lips reminiscing*.

Sunday. No rest for the wicked. Plus, it didn't help that the whole daylight saving thing started at the same time!!! I had to get to church at 8am (read 7am!!) to lead the WIS. I decided to try something new. Have the team stand off the stage, only because it would've taken me years to climb up those stairs with a swollen blue foot!!! I got mixed feedback. Our music director then tried to back out of holding a meeting after the service as he had only had 4 hours sleep. Unfortunately for him, I didn't let him escape that one! It was most productive over extra thick shakes at Bello, then followed by a Caesar Salad at Sidnees. The rest of the day has been great! I came home and had an afternoon snooze! Now it's bed time again! Ciao!