Whelmed
I was talking to a friend at church the other day who has a theory that time is actually speeding up. It's just ridiculous how fast this year's flown by. This month has been pretty crazy so far, and work sure reflected that yesterday! We decided to blame it on the rain.
The month's been busy so far, but I was actually feeling quite calm and WHELMED (Fjord and I were discussing the existence of this word the other day at the Youth Celebration Service...) but today I have suddenly started feeling a little overwhelmed by all this busyness. It's not that I think I'll have a shocking week facilitating students followed by a shocking week at work after it, (although I very well may)but maybe it's because there's much uncertainty about the first homebirth I'm probably going to be at... (she was due late September, so the fact that she still hasn't given birth is kind of a bummer) when it's going to be, where I'm going to be when I will have to drop everything I'm doing at the time to be there. I'm sort of hoping that my friend will ring me when I've almost finished a day at work, and not while I'm AT work for obvious reasons... It'd kinda be nice if it isn't at 2am either! Well, here's praying! Either way though, it's all kinda exciting!
I was talking to a friend at church the other day who has a theory that time is actually speeding up. It's just ridiculous how fast this year's flown by. This month has been pretty crazy so far, and work sure reflected that yesterday! We decided to blame it on the rain.
The month's been busy so far, but I was actually feeling quite calm and WHELMED (Fjord and I were discussing the existence of this word the other day at the Youth Celebration Service...) but today I have suddenly started feeling a little overwhelmed by all this busyness. It's not that I think I'll have a shocking week facilitating students followed by a shocking week at work after it, (although I very well may)but maybe it's because there's much uncertainty about the first homebirth I'm probably going to be at... (she was due late September, so the fact that she still hasn't given birth is kind of a bummer) when it's going to be, where I'm going to be when I will have to drop everything I'm doing at the time to be there. I'm sort of hoping that my friend will ring me when I've almost finished a day at work, and not while I'm AT work for obvious reasons... It'd kinda be nice if it isn't at 2am either! Well, here's praying! Either way though, it's all kinda exciting!
