Rambling On...

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Time flies when you're having fun!

Still in Singapore, but with each morning that I wake up here, I'm only too aware that all too soon, I will be jetting off again, away from this lush green tropical island filled with tower after tower of high rise apartments to a place which will probably seem freezing to me, after being in 31°C heat 24/7 for the last 4 days. Thankfully though, it'll be alot less humid!!

It's my last day here today and I've decided to take it easy. My feet are killing me! I think it's because I've been walking 20 times more than I would be in Sydney, since I drive everywhere there, but Carol thinks it's because of my feet, and she is covinced that I need to see a podiatrist! Whatever the cause, my feet feel swollen, hot and sore! Every step I've taken around the apartment this morning kills! I just feel like they need elevating for a few days and a soak in icy cold water! I'm even tempted to go down the road to the reflexologist to get a foot massage!

Today I need to go to the post office, and then I need to decide how my feet feel and whether to venture down to Orchard Road... a must for tourists, apparently. I'm not phased if I don't make it down there... there's always my next trip here to do that! Then tonight the Harpers are taking me to have chicken rice for dinner. Then it's an early night, so that I can get up at 5:30am to make it for a 6am train to Changi Airport for my 9am flight to London.