Rambling On...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Milestones

So here I am sitting in Rick's business centre waiting while my baby has its first servicing done. It's been more than a month already and it's done more than 1300km. The business centre's a pretty swish place - free internet, library, TV, video, gym, all the usual businessy stuff, really, so I thought I'd take advantage of it, but then I decided not to use the gym after all. I'm going to be very content just being able to curl up in a comfy corner and continue reading my book. I never have enough time to read and it's so quiet down here! Did I mention that I have the whole centre to myself?! I think I'm beginning to like the whole Monday morning car servicing thing...

Milestones... my friends' baby is now 5.5weeks old. He had his chinese moon yut thing (1 month celebration dinner) on Saturday night... and his parents were so preoccupied that everyone forgot and no one took a single picture of the blessed event! Quite unbelievable, really. Plus, he is such a chubber! He was only 2.8kg at birth, and is now a whopping 5kg!

Another milestone... I turn another year older in a few days time. Quite depressing, really. I don't really have anything to show for it. Gone are the childhood days when you would be so excited about turning another year older that the night before you'd be a complete insomniac thinking about all the pressies, the balloons and the party dress you were going to wear! If only turning another year older now was as simple and carefree.

Now where was I? Oh yeah... curling up with my book.