Rambling On...

Friday, April 28, 2006

Procrastinating

Yup, you're going to get quite a few posts from me here this week. Why? Because I'm meant to be writing an essay, of course! Ok, so it's not actually due until next Friday, but being somewhat more organised than I have been in the past, I decided that last week, I'd better make a move on it because I just know that with having to get up at 5 every morning next week, plus lectures on Tuesday night, I won't get it done if I wait til next week to start it! You'd think that by today, being Friday, I would be almost finished by now. WRONG! I've hardly made a dent in it. My excuse is that I've been sick, and I'm going to stick to it! =)

While I'm on the subject, here's a sobering thought... having just suffered a bout of food poisoning, I just read in a friends' newsletter from last year (I just received it) that in the context of a Central Asian doctor moving back there cos his baby son contracted diarrhoea whilst working in Yemen, UN stats show that in developed countries, 6 in a thousand kids die of sickness before the age of five, but in this particular Central Asian country, it's 120 in a thousand that die before the age of 5. How scary is that! That's 12%.

Ok, back to work.