Rambling On...

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Connections to greatness...

It's been a very interesting 2 weekends so far, for meeting connected people. Last Saturday, I attended the CS Lewis Today conference at Macquarie Uni and chatted with the likes of Jack's step-grandson and his wife Kathryn (or is that Catherine? Or is it Katherine??!)(Douglas Gresham himself was meant to speak, but he couldn't make it because of food poisoning after eating something at Star City!!!). I also met a key member of the team of 160 make-up and hairstyle technicians that won both the British and American Academy Awards for their work on the film set of The Chronicles of Narnia, Tracey Reebey, and Don McAlpine, director of photography, who also did Moulin Rouge, Stepmom and Mrs Doubtfire.


With Tracey Reebey


and Tim and Catherine Gresham

Edited 18/5/06: I just found out it's Catherine from the website as they've just published photos from the day.

Tonight, I was at a friends' house for dinner. They happened to also have invited N athan T asker's best man Graeme to dinner before going off to the Student Life Shindig. I only mention that cos he's met Michael Card, one of my favourite Christian singer/songwriters! =)