Rambling On...

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Cooking Up a Storm

Edited 28/1/04 at 1826hrs... I forgot to mention that all the fun rambled about below was all thanks to God, who kept us all relatively injury free (for example, my burnt hand and cut finger whilst chopping tomatos on the FIRST day of cooking!!!) and the fantastic organisation of our head chef Vron and contributions to the rest of the team by Ernie, Sarah, Nhi, Carol, Amy, and later on, for a little while, Diana and Tim. With the gourmet menu that Vron dreamed up, that we ended up cooking as camp food, camp food will never be the same again!

Was recovering today from a little trip to Katoomba over the Long Weekend helping as one of the cooks at Mountain Camp for KYC. Back to work tomorrow but the thought of not being home for the next two weekends either is making me feel exhausted again just thinking about it! This coming weekend is our church's Leaders' Retreat, then the following weekend I'm going away. But back to what I was going to blog about... here are some highlights of the weekend at KYC and stuff I actually took photos of!

The Road Less Travelled...literally, where good coffee, Tim Tams and Chupa Chups were available if one were to travel along this road to get to the talks.

Suz in charge of the coffee machine!

The mist that came and went, then came, and stayed most of one of the days made for some interesting photos in between cooking...

So did we actually cook? Oh boy oh boy did we. Though it was much more laid back and much less stressful than it was last year, here is a picture of Carmen and me running around in our fast-paced (sometimes!) kitchen...


The pot of gravy I made was so nice that one of the volunteers, Scott, decided he would just ladle a whole scoop into his mouth!

What was left of the gravy after Scott and everyone else finished with it after a scrumptious Sunday roast for dinner... =P~

I did actually make it to the talk on Sunday night as I felt that I had to be part of the church cheersquad as Saltlight performed "Turn" during the session (sorry, only took video footage on my digital camera for that). Here are people like Kazzart in the crowd in the KYC shed as the singing by the KYC team started.

The music team vocalists...

My friend Squish was interviewed by David Cook...

Ed Vaughan from Darling St. Anglican doing his evangelistic talk on Sunday night.


Back to the kitchen...Tim deciding that the foil "handbags" we had put chicken meat in would look better on him as a Viking helmet. Very stylish!