Rambling On...

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Are we there yet??? Are we there yet??!

Two down (orientation sessions, that is) a few more to go, and lots of stuff and general busyness to get through before departure day. I was just commenting to a friend tonight how much there is to do, how much there is to think about, just for three weeks, and a few long haul flights. I just feel like jumping on a plane and getting there and getting into it tomorrow. Of course, all this prep is necessary, but I feel like I'm ready to leave. Now. Three weeks is just going to fly.... just like my three weeks relieving someone at work at the moment - one week down, two to go starting tomorrow morning. Last week just flew by, luckily... well, parts of it did, anyway! I'm just gritting my teeth and doing it.... but I digress. However, if we were already over there, it would mean that one week would already be over, and there'd be only two left to go, and that would be it, it will be all over!

So, here's part of my to do list:
  • see dentist (ick!)
  • see GP and get appropriate vaccinations

    yes, very pleasant list...


  •