Rambling On...

Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Friday Five on Tuesdays!

This is my first official Friday Five...last week's one was Vron's unofficial one which was great, but here goes:
1. What is your current occupation? Is this what you chose to be doing at this point in your life? Why or why not?
I'm a Registered Nurse and Certified Midwife...I suppose I did choose to be doing this at this point in my life as I wouldn't have done the midwifery course any sooner than I did and I can't think of what field of work I'd like to change to if I did change.
2. If time/talent/money were no object, what would your dream occupation be?
Hmmm...that's a difficult one...I wanted to be a doctor when I was much younger, but glad I'm not one now, but I've always wondered what it would be like being one of the zookeepers at Taronga or working as a marine biologist in the Great Barrier Reef as I love animals and have always been in awe of God's creation of exotic places and animals.
3. What did/do your parents do for a living? Has this had any influence on your career choices?
My dad is a network engineer and my mum is also a RN. I feel like I practically grew up at the hospital my mum worked at when I was a child. It was always a familiar environment to me and I was always curious of what certain machines did and what things were, what and how they worked and why whenever I hung out there during school holidays when my parents had no one else to look after me, so I suppose that did have an influence on me...I practically fell into it!
4. Have you ever had to choose between having a career and having a family?
No, not married, no kids yet, but that's an easy one...providing that my family is well provided for and are comfortable and well adjusted, my choice would be family all the way...a career is only the means to provide for one's family financially.
5. In your opinion, what is the easiest job in the world? What is the hardest? Why?
Gosh! Some of these questions are tough! The easiest job I think would be being a food critic. How cool would it be to be paid to dine at different places, try different taste sensations, different ambiences, and be paid to comment about them?!
The hardest I think would be to bring up a family of well-adjusted kids who grow up as responsible citizens, are independent, and know Christ as their own personal saviour because I believe housewives are still undervalued and to be a good Christian witness to the rest of your family is probably one of the hardest things, and your kids faith to a certain extent is dependent on your witness as a Christian to them.