The Wonderful Kitchen Of Oz
Came back from KYCExpress on Sunday afternoon. I was part of a team of five who cooked up a storm at one of the camp sites at which the kitchen was referred to by Vron as "The Wonderful Kitchen of Oz"... I don't know about that, but at least as far as I know, we didn't give anyone food poisoning! It was such a busy weekend of industrial sized pots, pans, stoves and ovens (the heat emmitted with most of these turned on all at the same time, when the temp. is already in the mid to high 30's), burnt fingers and frozen bags of vegetables, atypical camp food (we cooked gourmet meals for our hungry campers!) sleep deprivation, colour coded chopping boards, amongst fun and fellowship, challenging and encouraging talks by great speakers, singing, prayer, spending sprees at the bookshop, with over 1500 other Christians under the one roof, what more could one ask for? It was definitely an experience I shall remember for quite a while, despite the fact that everything ached by the end of it! Now I'll have to work out whether I'll ever do it again and whether my aching feet were worth it! Overall, though, a great weekend! =D
Came back from KYCExpress on Sunday afternoon. I was part of a team of five who cooked up a storm at one of the camp sites at which the kitchen was referred to by Vron as "The Wonderful Kitchen of Oz"... I don't know about that, but at least as far as I know, we didn't give anyone food poisoning! It was such a busy weekend of industrial sized pots, pans, stoves and ovens (the heat emmitted with most of these turned on all at the same time, when the temp. is already in the mid to high 30's), burnt fingers and frozen bags of vegetables, atypical camp food (we cooked gourmet meals for our hungry campers!) sleep deprivation, colour coded chopping boards, amongst fun and fellowship, challenging and encouraging talks by great speakers, singing, prayer, spending sprees at the bookshop, with over 1500 other Christians under the one roof, what more could one ask for? It was definitely an experience I shall remember for quite a while, despite the fact that everything ached by the end of it! Now I'll have to work out whether I'll ever do it again and whether my aching feet were worth it! Overall, though, a great weekend! =D
