Surprise Surprise!
Had a pretty rotten day at work today. Must ban the "P" word as well as the already-banned "Q" word, and all talk about psych/mad people. The night shift had been shocking and we were left to clean up the mess when they left, so to speak. The end to the day could not have come any sooner! Other than seeing The Two Towers again tonight, I did not expect anything to have cheered me up beforehand.
I was expecting a friend to come by before the movie but when the doorbell rang, it ended up being two very dear long-lost friends from my days at uni. They got married whilst I was in Turkey, we met up soon after I got back, but then we'd lost contact. Over the years, I've tried contacting them, and wondered if they had any kids yet. Well, waiting out in front yard weren't just the two of them, but 16 month old Michaela as well, and her wonder and excitement as 3 planes roared over our heads as we were talking outside. Ah, how life whizzes by sometimes, but that little visit certainly spun me out and made my day! Mind you, watching TTT again was a very nice end to my day.
Had a pretty rotten day at work today. Must ban the "P" word as well as the already-banned "Q" word, and all talk about psych/mad people. The night shift had been shocking and we were left to clean up the mess when they left, so to speak. The end to the day could not have come any sooner! Other than seeing The Two Towers again tonight, I did not expect anything to have cheered me up beforehand.
I was expecting a friend to come by before the movie but when the doorbell rang, it ended up being two very dear long-lost friends from my days at uni. They got married whilst I was in Turkey, we met up soon after I got back, but then we'd lost contact. Over the years, I've tried contacting them, and wondered if they had any kids yet. Well, waiting out in front yard weren't just the two of them, but 16 month old Michaela as well, and her wonder and excitement as 3 planes roared over our heads as we were talking outside. Ah, how life whizzes by sometimes, but that little visit certainly spun me out and made my day! Mind you, watching TTT again was a very nice end to my day.
