Okay, so I ended up buying more than just new shoes for work... Oops.
There are so many things I should do bits and pieces of today, but I don't feel like doing any of it, to be honest. However, one thing I must do is pack for our church retreat. I don't even really feel like going at the moment, but no doubt, the talks will be great and I will again be challenged. I might post up my angle on the whole thing when I get back.
Overnight, I have again been reminded that I can do nothing but to put all my trust in God and no one else. I was worried sick about my friend's baby last night, and even rang work to get an update on his progress, thinking about all the worst case scenarios in my head, when I finally realised that it's all out of my control, there was nothing I could have done differently during the delivery and therefore everything will work out according to His will and purpose, and good timing. What a sigh of relief. However, that's probably why Cindy said to me later that she wouldn't have been comfortable looking after someone she knows as the responsibility would've overwhelmed her and if anything didn't go right, she would've felt twenty times more awful about it than if she didn't know the person to start with. I, on the other hand, don't regret not relinquishing care of Helen to someone else as it did end up being quite a special day for both of us.
There are so many things I should do bits and pieces of today, but I don't feel like doing any of it, to be honest. However, one thing I must do is pack for our church retreat. I don't even really feel like going at the moment, but no doubt, the talks will be great and I will again be challenged. I might post up my angle on the whole thing when I get back.
Overnight, I have again been reminded that I can do nothing but to put all my trust in God and no one else. I was worried sick about my friend's baby last night, and even rang work to get an update on his progress, thinking about all the worst case scenarios in my head, when I finally realised that it's all out of my control, there was nothing I could have done differently during the delivery and therefore everything will work out according to His will and purpose, and good timing. What a sigh of relief. However, that's probably why Cindy said to me later that she wouldn't have been comfortable looking after someone she knows as the responsibility would've overwhelmed her and if anything didn't go right, she would've felt twenty times more awful about it than if she didn't know the person to start with. I, on the other hand, don't regret not relinquishing care of Helen to someone else as it did end up being quite a special day for both of us.
