To answer Kazza's question from the other day, I rang up the Children's Hospital at Westmead tonight while I was still at work and found out that the baby is in a normal rhythm again, but that's because they gave him medications to get him back into a sinus rhythm in the first place. They'll probably continue monitoring him for another 48 hours or so.
Meanwhile, while on the subject of sick babies, I had one baby tonight who decided to start fitting intermittently. The mother said that he'd been doing that since yesterday morning but the nurse told her it was normal baby jerkiness! When I left tonight, they were about to do a lumbar puncture on him! Then I had another baby who is only just over 24hours old and is glowing yellow with jaundice! And the dramas continue!! I'm just glad I got a chance to get of there!
Meanwhile, while on the subject of sick babies, I had one baby tonight who decided to start fitting intermittently. The mother said that he'd been doing that since yesterday morning but the nurse told her it was normal baby jerkiness! When I left tonight, they were about to do a lumbar puncture on him! Then I had another baby who is only just over 24hours old and is glowing yellow with jaundice! And the dramas continue!! I'm just glad I got a chance to get of there!
