Meditating on: Psalm 24 (NIV)
The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;
for he founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the waters.
Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ?
Who may stand in his holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to an idol
or swear by what is false.
He will receive blessing from the LORD
and vindication from God his Savior.
Such is the generation of those who seek him,
who seek your face, O God of Jacob.
Selah
Lift up your heads, O you gates;
be lifted up, you ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.
Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty,
the LORD mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O you gates;
lift them up, you ancient doors,
that the King of glory may come in.
Who is he, this King of glory?
The LORD Almighty-
he is the King of glory.
Selah
A Severe Dose Of Mondayitis
I came home from our church retreat yesterday afternoon, completely exhausted and feeling really run down, feeling like I'm coming down with the flu. I woke up with a sore throat yesterday morning, and felt it coming on again late last night whilst suffering from insomnia. I wish I didn't have to drag myself to work today but I felt it was too late to call in sick by the time I felt I should have, so to work I went. *Blurk*
However, I was listening to "May the Mind of Christ" on the You Alone album on the way to work and the words hit me like a ton of bricks like it never has before. I've heard the song at least a billion times before, sung it, it's old hat, but this morning of all mornings, it felt like a mack truck hitting me.
May the mind of Christ, my Saviour,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.
May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
Only through His power.
May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.
May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
This is victory.
May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
As I onward go.
May His beauty rest upon me,
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him.
