Rambling On...

Sunday, August 31, 2003

The Week Is Ending...

To be honest, my short term memory is so bad that I don't really remember what I did on Monday during the day, but I know I wasn't sleeping all day as I would have been, since I called in sick on Sunday night from the flu that's dragged on for a while. But, if you think about time in Vron terms, my Monday didn't actually end until Tuesday morning when I went to bed after night shift at 9am, and my "tomorrow morning" didn't actually happen until Tuesday afternoon at 1pm when I got up! =) So that means I had a very short Tuesday. The rest of Tuesday was a zombie day.

Wednesday night I had dinner with an old friend from uni, who also went to uni with Zoe (whom I now work with). It was a bit like a reunion, plus some new faces who weren't in my year.

I worked on Thursday afternoon, arriving an hour and a half early to obtain signatures, madly making phone calls, getting second opinions, then dashing off to the local courthouse, just to then get back to work half an hour late!

Friday was an interesting climax in my week. I swapped a shift with Zoe so that I'd have the whole day off to go to court, to contest a parking infringement from way back in February since nobody could tell how long I would have to hang around twiddling my thumbs waiting for the case to be heard! I could have chosen not to attend, and had the matter decided without me, but after consulting a lawyer, she suggested I go just for the experience. I was fully prepared for the idea that I would have to pay the fine in the end, plus a $61 court fee, but God does work in the most amazing ways. I won't go into detail, but after waiting all morning, and listening and watching all the preceding cases in slight disbelief (more so at the fact that I was REALLY sitting there, in a courtroom) my case didn't end up going in front of the magistrate I thought it would, it moved to a different courtroom, took all of 5 minutes, the magistrate dimissed the case, so I don't have to pay the fine or the court fee! Friday night was a dinner out with old friends of Dad's visiting for a few days from Hong Kong.

I worked for Zoe yesterday then rushed up to Willoughby for a BBQ Engagement Party, which was then followed by Finding Nemo with a different bunch of friends. (BTW, this was really good. Highly recommended!)

Today was a visit with Saltlight to Cornerstone Presbyterian. Yup, it's been an interesting week with a climax I never want to repeat.

The coming week should be fun. I fly to Darwin this week, (Yay! Warm weather!!! I'm not looking forwad to the humidity though!) so I thought I'd watch what the weather's like over there by displaying Darwin weather on this page for the week. Obviously, that means I probably won't be able to blog for a while, so have a fun week!