Rambling On...

Sunday, September 07, 2003

Home Seet Home?

How sad. The week is over, which means my week in Darwin is over too. I had an absolute ball up in "The Top End" at my first ACMI midwifery conference, where after many months of Sydney cold, I finally got warmed up in 30 degree heat and humidity (yes, it's still 27ºC at 8pm), where many new things were learnt, much junk in the form of pharmaceutical company samples was stuffed into my luggage, as much touring and sightseeing was done on the side, where I got to swim under a waterfall, saw 6m saltwater crocodiles jump out of the water to feed just 2m away, new friends were made, where the world again got smaller, many rolls of film were used, where I experienced the novelty of a five star hotel room to myself, extraordinary sunsets were witnessed, and great seafood (in the form of half price oysters) was to be had. One thing I didn't expect was how inspired I was by some of my colleagues. At the moment, I feel like putting up a permanent link to a new friend's website, but I feel that I don't have an audience who would appreciate it. However, the link is here in case anyone might be interested in checking it out. Ok, back down to earth, (literally... after a 0545hr flight from Darwin to Adelaide, then Adelaide to Sydney) life, and reality... with a thud. Hmmm... I might just move up to Darwin. After all, we were all practically offered a job up there by all our NT colleagues and hospitals!