Back to life as we once knew it...
So it came, it went, and *poof*, in a puff of smoke, it was gone. I'm talking about the Saltlight Productions' This Way Up CD launch, of course. So, since it's been 4 days, I'd better do my part and write my review on it...
Now that the launch is over and done with, I'm sick with a sore throat/cold, my last masters assignment has been left on the backburner for about a month and now I must get that done [read: still procrastinating] and don't want to. Plus, it's back to thinking about what to do next year.
Ok, now I can go back to feeling irritable. I wish I knew why I'm feeling so. I think it's just work related. That means I'll get over it soon, which is good. It might also be because I feel a bit overwhelmed at the thought of a jam packed weekend, so I know that means I won't be able to get much done on my masters, and it probably needs to be in by late next week. *sigh*.
So it came, it went, and *poof*, in a puff of smoke, it was gone. I'm talking about the Saltlight Productions' This Way Up CD launch, of course. So, since it's been 4 days, I'd better do my part and write my review on it...
- It was a long day. I got to the theatre at 0900, and it was just pretty much non-stop from there, but we had fun.
- The tech guys did a fantastic job on the sound and lighting...most impressed witht the blessed smoke machine!
- Most of my work and effort was spent before the actual night, as I had to do all the running around beforehand acquiring and accumulating stuff, so I had it relatively easy, compared to everyone else on the actual day/night.
- It was great to see that so many more people than we expected turned up! Networking is great. So much so that at the last minute, we had to pull out all the extra chairs that we had stashed downstairs!!
- I just rang a colleague of mine who came with two of her friends from church. They had a great time, and were really impressed, but because the sound wasn't quite right and because of the nature of some of the songs, they couldn't quite catch the lyrics, so they wish that we had projected the lyrics up for each song. A non-Christian would have gotten a bit lost in the message. This, I think I agree with. Diane's burning question was "Will you be doing it again?!"
- I wish I had been able to spend more on the set design itself. But then again, even if I had, it wouldn't have made much difference anyway, nobody would've noticed, and I'm sure nobody actually did notice.
- The performances were well done, and very entertaining, especially the impromtu invite to mosh. Angeline, Dan and I were just cacking ourselves watching it all from the side!
- Bumping out was a relief, but sad at the same time. That's when I was glad that I hadn't spent more on props, 'cos it all just would've been thrown out!
Now that the launch is over and done with, I'm sick with a sore throat/cold, my last masters assignment has been left on the backburner for about a month and now I must get that done [read: still procrastinating] and don't want to. Plus, it's back to thinking about what to do next year.
Ok, now I can go back to feeling irritable. I wish I knew why I'm feeling so. I think it's just work related. That means I'll get over it soon, which is good. It might also be because I feel a bit overwhelmed at the thought of a jam packed weekend, so I know that means I won't be able to get much done on my masters, and it probably needs to be in by late next week. *sigh*.
