Rambling On...

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Being part of history and jumping on band wagons

So I had the intention of completing last weekend but didn't so here it is.... what did I do on Sunday? Well, after church and lunch, I gave my dad the idea that it would be fun to walk across the Harbour Bridge on the one day that you could walk across it in the middle of the road, without a care in the world that you'd be run over, so we did! It was even more fun when Dad and I decided we'd turn the excercise into a shooting spree, tripods, flash guns and all, since we did the walk at night (ok, so I took mine, Dad had a mini tripod and only his inbuilt flash which is weak as). Apparently, the news said 20 000 of us walked across. We were some of the last, with the police constantly on our tails to hurry us up so that they could reopen all the roads, so because of the rush, my photos didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. I also had a temporary replacement lens bearer (my sister) but she was nowhere near as good as Liz (no one can replace you, Liz!) So she became my tripod bearer except when my camera was still mounted on it!

Here's a photo of the four of us sitting smack bang in the middle of the road!

Note the funky hats we were given with lights on the front! Oh well, a bit hard to see in this size, but they were pretty bright.

There were more people when we first arrived. This is what we saw from the train on our approach to Milsons Point.

For some of the other photos I took during the walk you'll just have to go to my Flickr site.