Rambling On...

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Trouble

I woke up to a typical work day this morning, that is to say at 6am when I wish I was still in bed still dead to the world. My sore throat again made its presence known, and I was all set to arrive at work just in time, noted that my car was frosted over in the slightly cooler morning temperature, turned my key in the ignition only to be welcomed by a lethargic groan from my car which sounded like an old man with emphysema with no energy to cough. My car would not start. Luckily, when I ran inside to call the NRMA, I found my mother was awake, so she very kindly got dressed, and drove me to work! =) Not only that, but the sacrifice she made for me meant that I got to work only 5 minutes late, then she had to turn right around, drive home, finished getting ready for work herself, then drive right on back to the same hospital and start work at 8am! (Yes, she's also in the same occupation as I am, and yes, she works at the same hospital. Actually, that should be the other way around, as she was there first!) But, that meant that I couldn't go to my 4pm appointment this afternoon.

I called the NRMA after work, and low and behold, Vron, you were right, I had a dead battery! So tonight, $112 and a brand spanking new battery later, (mind you, that battery lasted more than two years!) I can sleep in peace knowing that tomorrow night, I shall arrive at work on time for night shift! Yay! *dripping with sarcasm*