Rambling On...

Saturday, June 07, 2003

Long Time No See

I was at a farewell party this afternoon and was expecting to meet up with a guy I went to primary school with, whom I hadn't seen since then. By 12:30, I still hadn't seen him, so I asked my friend if Mike was still coming. She burst out laughing and said, "Are you kidding?" and proceeded to walk over to the dining table where she tapped this guy on the shoulder, who then turned around and got up. Our mutual friend had to formally introduce us again! Neither of us could stop laughing. There was no way we would've recognised each other otherwise! We couldn't get over the fact that it had been over 16 years since we last saw each other, but it was much fun catching up. (Not that we really finished, mind you, but I had to leave) Why is it that people from my past have been popping up left right and centre and out of nowhere in the last year or so? And why is it that I now know so many people who work for Westpac? Hmmm...