Greetings!
Stupid 10min free Yahoo stations in Times Square Info Centres!!! I tried posting there but it got eaten up and chucked out into Cyberneverland somewhere! Anyway, NY NY was an awesome place, full of buzz, energy and neon lights! We stayed in a hotel literally 100m away from the corner of Times Square!
Liz and I managed to do quite alot with our time there, and one of the highlights was definitely catching up with Viv and Don and going to one of their church services ever-so-briefly on the Sunday. We ate soul food for the first time, had a NY bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese for breakfast, went to the top of the Empire State Building, caught a ferry to the Statue of Liberty, walked into Trump Tower, Macys, Tiffanys, did the MoMA, the Met, squeezed all the value we could into our weekly subway pass, and landed on the David Letterman show! We walked through Central Park at night with the protection of an American Marine (who is my height!), almost made it to the diner where Seinfeld and his friends hung out in the show, and ate at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co in Times Square on our last night where I creamed Liz in Forrest Gump Trivia!
Going to the UN Headquaters was a real buzz, as was going to Yankee Stadium and seeing our first baseball game (except that the Yankees actually lost 6-4). Seeing Ground Zero was definitely amazing, emotional, and sobering, especially since I had actually been to the top 6 years ago.
Liz and I have now parted company (Thanks for a cool time, Lizzie!) and here I am in Washington DC, staying with my friends on an airforce base! (Bolling) This morning we took the dogs to the vet (on Andrews airforce base) where I saw a couple of the planes of the presidential fleet, but Airforce 1 was nowhere in sight.
Tomorrow I am going on a tour of the White House, (the public one) then in the arvo, I return, to go on one to the West Wing where I'll get to see the Oval Office. That should be fun. I'd better remember not to let on what an idiot I think Bush is! Heehee!
Stupid 10min free Yahoo stations in Times Square Info Centres!!! I tried posting there but it got eaten up and chucked out into Cyberneverland somewhere! Anyway, NY NY was an awesome place, full of buzz, energy and neon lights! We stayed in a hotel literally 100m away from the corner of Times Square!
Liz and I managed to do quite alot with our time there, and one of the highlights was definitely catching up with Viv and Don and going to one of their church services ever-so-briefly on the Sunday. We ate soul food for the first time, had a NY bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese for breakfast, went to the top of the Empire State Building, caught a ferry to the Statue of Liberty, walked into Trump Tower, Macys, Tiffanys, did the MoMA, the Met, squeezed all the value we could into our weekly subway pass, and landed on the David Letterman show! We walked through Central Park at night with the protection of an American Marine (who is my height!), almost made it to the diner where Seinfeld and his friends hung out in the show, and ate at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co in Times Square on our last night where I creamed Liz in Forrest Gump Trivia!
Going to the UN Headquaters was a real buzz, as was going to Yankee Stadium and seeing our first baseball game (except that the Yankees actually lost 6-4). Seeing Ground Zero was definitely amazing, emotional, and sobering, especially since I had actually been to the top 6 years ago.
Liz and I have now parted company (Thanks for a cool time, Lizzie!) and here I am in Washington DC, staying with my friends on an airforce base! (Bolling) This morning we took the dogs to the vet (on Andrews airforce base) where I saw a couple of the planes of the presidential fleet, but Airforce 1 was nowhere in sight.
Tomorrow I am going on a tour of the White House, (the public one) then in the arvo, I return, to go on one to the West Wing where I'll get to see the Oval Office. That should be fun. I'd better remember not to let on what an idiot I think Bush is! Heehee!
