Rambling On...

Friday, September 20, 2002

Communicating Friday Five

I've had so many frustrations with Blogger lately...I just answered all these questions, had to press backspace, then it went back to the sign in page and lost everything that I had typed. I don't have time to start again right now, got to drive my sister to her friend's place so that she can go to youth group, then I've got to get myself to Bible study. So, later! AGAIN

Ok, it's 10:25pm, just got home from Care Group... let's do this!

1. Would you say that you're good at keeping in touch with people?
I used to be much better at it than I am now! There are heaps of people I've lost contact with over the years.

2. Which communication method do you usually prefer/use: e-mail, telephone, snail mail, blog comments, or meeting in person? Why?
I don't think it's a matter of preference so much as convenience, but I use e-mail, sms and telephones much more than anything else. However, I miss snail mail as it makes communicating all the more personal and individual, and is therefore the next best thing to talking to someone on the phone, which is second to meeting up with someone in person.

3. Do you have an instant messenger program? How many? Why/why not? How often do you use it?
I've got MSN Messenger. I only downloaded because it was there, no other reason. I hardly ever use it though, but it's good when someone overseas happens to be online too, makes it a very cheap conversation!

4. Do most of your close friends live nearby or far away?
What distance do you define as faraway? The other side of town? Well if that's the case, then there are a couple who are far away, but then again, one of my best friends from high school lives in Turkey!

5. Are you an "out of sight, out of mind" person, or do you believe that "distance makes the heart grow fonder"?
My track record over the last few years may lead some people to think that I'm an "out of sight, out of mind" type of person, when in actual fact that is probably as far as you can get from the truth. There is not a day that goes by where I don't think about people from my distant past, and wonder where they are, what they're doing with their life, so in a round about sort of way, I think I'm trying to say that I really don't know what the answer is to this question!