Sobering
I'm glad to report that all of my Aussie friends in England have made contact and are alive and well. However, it's a sobering thought that exactly a month ago, on the 7th June, Ev was on her way to the airport to fly to San Francisco to join her family in attending a relative's wedding, and Liz and I were separately on our way to meet up at the airport in peak hour, on London buses and tube trains, to fly to Scotland to enjoy a booked tour of the Scottish Highlands and to have a taste of haggis. Those terrorist attacks could so easily have been a month ago, and who knows, I may not have been sitting here, snug as a bug safe and sound at home thinking about this. It's a sobering thought that we can't even look back on our holiday happy snaps anymore and take them for granted. God was certainly watching over us.
I'm glad to report that all of my Aussie friends in England have made contact and are alive and well. However, it's a sobering thought that exactly a month ago, on the 7th June, Ev was on her way to the airport to fly to San Francisco to join her family in attending a relative's wedding, and Liz and I were separately on our way to meet up at the airport in peak hour, on London buses and tube trains, to fly to Scotland to enjoy a booked tour of the Scottish Highlands and to have a taste of haggis. Those terrorist attacks could so easily have been a month ago, and who knows, I may not have been sitting here, snug as a bug safe and sound at home thinking about this. It's a sobering thought that we can't even look back on our holiday happy snaps anymore and take them for granted. God was certainly watching over us.
